- The School
- School Exam Results
I am happy to share with you that the response by way of contributions for the conversion of the school gymnasium into an auditorium in memory of Col. HKL Johar has been quite encouraging. I personally thank those alumni who have made generous contributions.
To speed up the process of fund raising, we invited a few of the alumni who are nearby and conducted a meeting on 5th March. Nine members representing various batches attended. The following is the summary of the points discussed at the meeting and decided for further action:
1. The school should have a registered alumni association with membership of old students. The association should have its own norms by way of bye laws, separate bank account etc.
2. The nine members who attended the meeting on the 5th of March along with a few more representatives will form a committee and work out the modalities for the formation of the Alumni Association. They will also help the school in raising funds for the proposed conversion of the gymnasium into an auditorium. Mr.Ch.Vinay, an alumnus of the first batch that passed out in 1994 will be the convener of the committee.
3. A link for the alumni in the school website be created and it can serve as a channel of communication between the school and the alumni.
4. A rough sketch of the features of the proposed auditorium be displayed in the school website.
5. The alumni who make contributions should communicate to the school through firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of the transaction.
6. Donations will be accepted till the second week of April 2016.
7. The following doubts raised by the alumni were clarified by the undersigned.
a. Will the Academy bridge the gap if there is any shortage of funds?
Yes, if there is a short fall after receiving a substantial amount from the alumni.
b. Will there be tax exemption for the contributions?
Yes, you will get tax benefits under 80G. You will be issued a stamped receipt.
c. Will the money contributed be used only for the purpose of auditorium?
d. Can the project be completed by June / July?
e. Yes, if sufficient funds are received on time. The project requires only internal modifications and it can be completed in a couple of months.
f. Will there be a separate head in the accounts for these contributions.
Everything will be transparent. The Academy will take care of it. You can trust.
8. The alumni who attended the meeting are
Mr.Ch.Vinay and Mr.G.Prashant (1993 – 94), Mr.VVR Choudhury (1996 – 97), Mr.G.Prudhvi, Mr.M.Ganesh and Mr.B.Lokesh (1997 – 98) Mr.A.Govardhan Naidu, Mr.A.Rama Krishna Kishore and Mr.V.Sai Krishna of (2000 – 01) batches.
Further, a schematic diagram of the interior of the proposed auditorium needs to be prepared. The cost factor (roughly estimated to be more than fifty lakhs) needs to be discussed with experts / firms in the field of designing interiors of auditoriums. In this regard, the school requests for voluntary help from the alumni who are in the field of architecture / construction. Old students who are in a position to help us in this regard are requested to contact the undersigned.
Once again it is appealed to all alumni to take active role in making this great project (in memory of late Col.HKL Johar, and a symbol of the gratitude and dynamism of the alumni), a reality by generous contributions as early as possible. We need to generate considerable funds before the second week of April, 2016 so that the work can be started. Contributions can be sent to us as follows:
Account name : Siddhartha Academy of General & Technical Education
Name of the Bank : Syndicate Bank, Siddhartha Nagar, Vijayawada
Account No. : 33652140000171
IFSC Code : SYNB0003365
The details of transaction should include full name of the donor accurately for writing the receipts. The receipts will be scanned and sent to the e mail id of the alumni if requested for.
Teacher in English
KCP Siddhartha ARPS